Facts about the Gstaad Palace:
Lucky enough to spend an amazing weekend with Parmigiani Fleurier flying over Château-d’Oex in hot air balloons, we got the chance to stay in the legendary Gstaad Palace Hotel. A very famous hotel located in the Swiss Alps in the ski resort of Gstaad. I had heard so much about it and here are more facts:
– There is a bar slash nightclub within the hotel, called “Green Go” and not “Gringo” as I always thought it was. If you have sensitive ears, you might hear that there is a party happening downstairs.
– The key of each room are old ones, very styled but also quite heavy, so you’ll probably leave these at the concierge in the lobby.
– The palace definitely looks like a castle above the village and there is a small path from the center that goes into the “woods” if you come by foot (common you guys, not only in Porsche, Mercedes or Maserati).
– There is a huge chimney with a fire in the very comfortable and relaxing spa area that will make you want to stay there forever.
– Don’t worry, the spa is not located on the first floor as it might look, you’ll take an elevator with strange stains on the mirror ( it’s designed I guess).
– Also, don’t forget the button to open the glass window to swim from the internal to the external warm pool (we did not see it ops, so we dove under the water and wet our hair ^^).
– Two telephones within a room could be placed at a distance of one meter from each other (weird right? Even “weirder” when Daniela and I both called the reception at the same time without realizing it until we’ve heard each other respective voice via the tel.).
Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend with a great people – an unforgettable experience. Here are some pictures of our room, the spa and the incredible view, and of course, from our crazy breakfasts :).